Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What I love about Kolkata today

I love old ladies sitting in the back alley's warming themselves in the sun. The light shining and warming their faces and filling them with light.

I love kristin and beth and adam and the hope that we have in community with one another in the coming years.

I love that we got to see 5 women make a final decision to come out of the trade and work for Freeset! I love that when a woman who already works at freeset shared her testimony and story of coming out of the trade that Jesus was apart of her new life. And that the other 5 women were so compassionate and interested even thought it was a reflection of their own stories.

I love that i ate my first grilled peanut butter sandwich for breakfast--pretty tasty and new way to use the peanut butter i got for christmas!

I love that we can send Adam home today but know that he will be back within a year. And i love that God answers prayers before we even think to ask--by early next year we should go from a staff of 2 to a staff of 4!

I love sonagacchi and all the women in it...i love being with them!

And today, crazy as it may sound, i love Kolkata!

No comments: