Wednesday, February 22, 2006

How I know Jesus loves me


How I know I Jesus loves me ... because I see the way Kristin loves Mitu.

I think Jesus loves us like Kristin Keen loves Mitu. He loves us into freedom. He loves when we can not imagine the new life he has to offer us; he loves us when we decide that we want the life he has to offer us enough to go after it with His help.

Kristin loves Mitu like Jesus loves us. She loved her before she wanted a new life. She loves her enough to be continually pursuing her. She loves her now that she wants a new life enough to ask for it. Kristin loved Mitu into a new life. She loves her enough to celebrate Mitu’s new life with cake. She loves her when she quits enough to go after her…to tell her she can do it. She loves her enough to tell her. She loves her with her heart and soul…worrying, crying, praying and laboring in love on Mitu’s behalf. Kristin loves Mitu like Jesus loves us. Everyday she wonders how she can help Mitu succeed in her choice for a new life…to uphold and encourage but not disempower. She loves her enough to give her a shove in the right direction and still not lead her by the nose. She loves her in her new life and she loves her if someday soon she quits….and if she quits Kristin will pursue her and love her back again.

There is a red light full of women and Kristin pursues the little one who is most lost…like Jesus who will leave the 99 sheep for the one that was lost. Jesus loves us like Kristin Keen loves Mitu. Kristin Keen loves Mitu like Jesus loves us!! I have rarely seen God’s love so beautifully manifested in the flesh in the tangible example of my friend Kristin Keen. It really is amazing!!

No comments: