Monday, February 13, 2006

my broken crappy self

sometimes you see crazy things here in kolkata...tonight walking down the street i watched a police man intentional break the headlight of a taxi for some minor offense i am sure. I watched him whack, whack, whack till the headlight broke while the taxi driver sat there helpless to respond. he was powerless. i think i know how he feels. I feel powerless...like someone is going whack, whack, whack at my headlights until they break for some minor offense...to make me feel powerless and maybe so that they can feel powerful. i wonder if i am on the other end of this sometimes--the one doing the whacking making someone else feel powerless.

This is how i feel sometimes...like these stair twisted upwards but still twisted. I feel so full of holes and probably not ready to stand up to the weight of the next person who wants to engage me. Living in community is hard. Today i kind of feel like i want to give up because i feel like there are no easy relationships in my life. Everything is hard. From a simple request to the most complex discussion things are hard. Now i am probably just venting here because in general things are good....but i am feeling quite alone and isolated...afraid to take the next step up because i fear the backlash, i fear being alone, i fear being rejected. i guess this is a little vulnerable for a blog that alot of people read but right at this moment i do not where else to vent.

so i guess if you read this pray for our community here. pray for me to be humble, gentle and willing to submit my own desires for the benefit of the community.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: