Monday, December 10, 2007

Nepal

christmas programs, overdone and well done, root canals that aren't that bad, burritos with the works, bundled in heavy blankets fighting the cold, bacon and black coffee, seeing old friends, watching hope spring in little lives..oh such a nice couple of days i have had.

I am in nepal now. I got here saturday and have been enjoying life with the community here. so great to see guatum and rekha and see how much their lives have changed and the hope that continues to spring from what God is going in their lives and the lives around them.

i have needed a break and i am hoping this time of rest will help me refocus and get back on my feet on an emotional and spiritual level. i can feel myself just starting to let down. I leave for pokara tomorrow for a 5 days personal retreat...all alone with the silence, my bible and hopefully some long walks in nature. i am leaving early than expected because my root canal--yes they have a good dentist in nepal will require three visits. i had my first visit and it went really well and i have my next one on tuesday so i planned the retreat part in between. When i get back i will have more time with the nepal staff before heading back to kolkata on the 23rd.

i am little afraid of being alone for 5 days but if i could discern something that might be good but hard for me this would be what i need right now. i am taking some yarn,my crochet hook and a bible and will wait to see what god says in the waiting silence. my hopes are up...

i am off to exlpore thamel today... revist old memories and drink some coffee.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

beautiful sarah,

i'll be praying for you as you go this week. enjoy the beauty and the time to spend with your father. my hopes are up too!

love,
amanda

David B. said...

Sarah! Glad to keep up with you here. Praying it is a sweet five days of rest, renewal, and abiding with Jesus! Especially this season of Advent! The board gave me my bery own sari blanket as a gift...I am loving it and it will go with me to Buenos Aires!

Docadl said...

Sarah, we pray that you will have a good rest and that the dental work goes fine.

Aunt Jessie sure enjoy her Sari Bari throw--it's beautiful.
Love,
Uncle Wayne

Kara said...

hey sarah,

sad that i could not be in nepal with you! but i am praying god's sweet presence over you. i can testify that even when things are rough, jesus will not leave you and will be faithful to speak truth and life to you. love you.

angela said...

hey lovely, i'm praying that you are smothered in hugs from rekha and filled with joy....and that you rest....and that you know the names God calls you.

"8I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and his incomparably great power for us who believe." Eph 1:18-19