Saturday, July 26, 2008

When good things come to pass...

There are things in the last few days that have lifted my eyes from the ground and reminded me that the "to do's" have a grace in them. Because sometimes there is a beautiful fruit the past investment that reminds me of my current purpose in vocation and calling amoung the women in the trade. sometimes doing the thing i do not feel like doing leads to provision, grace and hope in ways i do not understand until later.

The stories of interns being discipled by our women of grace and beauty through their hospitality and friendship. The wisdom of a Godly child teaching her silly leaders about grace and true beauty. I love hearing the stories retold,i love the words that are preached being lived out so well as to remind me of my why's and yes'.

Gita's words,
"I am beautiful because God made me beautiful."
"Your life has so much value."

Spoken over others with simple confidence, far reaching in their simplicity and wisdom. The passionate embrace of confidence in being a loved one of Jesus.

i was tired and worn yesterday and the last thing i wanted to look at another property but to my surprise I saw the perfect location for Sari Bari in the Gach. really nothing could be better! It was more than amazing...it is what i have been praying for months. we have been looking and looking for a space in the other area we work but the doors have remained closed and this seems to be opening up. i could provide freedom to 50 women. it is in the middle of the largest redlight area and on the worst lane for underage girls. it would be a beacon of hope in the middle of desperation. pray, pray,pray that we get it, pray that we can work out the funds, pray for a miracle!!

My dear friend julie is here visiting. it is good to be known and share this part of my life with such an old friend.

thankful for today and trying to be faithful in the waiting for those good things that God has for His kids in Kolkata.

3 comments:

The Sherrill Family said...

we'll be praying!! that place sounds like such an answer to prayer already, we'll pray you get it!! much love from Boston, Cat

Daphne said...

yeah!! this is wonderful news sarah. i am praying for you and for the miracle you need. (i heard that a miracle is gonna happen)

love you to the moon!

Delicoius Ambiguity said...

I'm so excited for you all! Your friends from Indiana Wesleyan are missing you dearly, and praying for you constantly.

Sarah