Friday, May 11, 2007

my favorite things

so yesterday was my birthday and the theme was "favorite things". kristin and beth thought of the theme and started off my birthday weekend with the song from the sound of music...

so i thought i would share a few of my favorite things from this weekend...

talking with my dad and mom on skype on my birthday while i am in india and they are in seattle and fort wayne respectively. technology is beautiful thing

sweet encouraging cards, my space comments and emails from amy, aunt mary, julie, brent, faye, david, silas and denise.

beautiful gifts of my favorite things: a pink scarf, a gold nose ring with danglys, doritos all the way from america, new flip flops, a target gift card, candles and a bottle of wine, sparkly jewelry from the sari bari ladies (how spoiled am i!!)

being able to pull off a gold nose ring with danglys, i feel kinda exotic.

being loved really well by kristin and beth. i felt known and celebrated.

steak sandwich and french fries in a freezingly air conditioned hotel

being able have so many people share in my life and have the opportunity to share in theirs...esp. have to say that celebrating with the saribari ladies might be my favorite new birthday tradition...if two years and running can be a tradition.

i love that my dad still thinks i am a princes and sent me a blinking tiara and a beautiful candle holder. I love that we both choose beauty over logic!!

4 comments:

David B. said...

AWESOME! So glad you had a special and fun birthday! See you in a couple months!

Courtney Patch said...

Sarah, you look so beautiful. I love that your birth was so well celebrated by your family and community. I can't wait to see you all. Love you,

Court

JaraBeara said...

happy belated birthday sarah! so happy to know you!

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah,
Ok, so I tried to call you on your birthday, and realized I don't have a current number to get in touch with you... : (
So, I did think of you and pray for you on your special day.
Glad to hear you had fun and felt so loved!
I love you a bunch too!
: )E