Tuesday, March 11, 2008

BE PREPARED!!

Being prepared goes a really long way on multiple levels.

March 10: Totally unprepared today. i was in Sari Bari mode. i had to run a few errands and left without money and found my self hounded and feeling selfish and a bit frustrated and at being a bit dehumanized but also at myself for not being prepared. the experience hardened my heart a bit which caused me to look away once or twice during the rest of the day. when i have nothing but 500 rupee notes what do i do? give the 500 rupees? makes me wonder if i am truly being generous because what i have given up to this point has not really cost me anything but some time in slowing down to see the people asking for my help.

March 11: prepared today...made a difference. was in new market for a bit so had multiple giving opps. still wondering how generous i need to be when giving to everyone who asks...when most only expect a ruppee or two. gave one lady 10 rupees, more than usual but still does not cost me anything but a few seconds to Pull out the bill and look the woman in the eye.

on a another note, i started Weight watchers. another example where being prepared is really important. i have to plan the day before what i will eat or it will not work. so much effort to be prepared all the time. working toward my goal of 35 by 35!

being prepared is a discipline. faithfulness to a person, a project or idea does not just happen. it takes discipline, practice. i always seem to forget that faithfulness is not so much a passive thing...rather it seems to be one of the most active of the mind games i play. practicing faithfulness for one more day...trying anyway. we will see what happens today!

2 comments:

angela said...

you never fail to inspire me! thanks for keeping my heart connected, for wrestling, for pursuing listening obedience. much love. ange

Tammy Ma said...

like the blog, Sarah...keep it up! Can identify with you in several ways. The need for space (have given up on it though with 49 kids!), etc..... I try to hide away in the secret place intentionally for a couple hours each day......on those days, I am a different person. I also started WW online.....it is really really really HARD to do in India...... will talk and encourage each other when I see you guys in Kolkata! Look forward to it! Tammy