Friday, August 25, 2006

okay yeah so i have not written anything personal about myself for more than a month....sorry. I feel like i have been really up and down and just barely keeping my head above water. I want to be like my blog hero kristin keen who writes on her blog like 4 or 5 times a week but it seems when i am tired that this is the first thing to go....

good things that have happened recently
went to the gatch today and spent 6 hours with kiran going around talking with girls, drinking teas, talking about freedom, why i am not married, and life in general. I helped one of the girls use a food processor to make her masala...she bought it for some reason and decided to take it out today and try it for the first time...really fun and funny...some benefits of being a western...you can help explain how to use a food processor...really weird to see one being used in that context...we do not even have a food processor.

we have 8 new girls come to work with us at subcontracting non profit for sari bari...all from the same brothel. this is amazing...what we want really...to see whole brothels getting freedom. really cool to visit them and encourage them outside of work....they are all currently stuggling with consistant attendance so keep them in your prayers.

i excercise pretty consistant here but we restarted the circuit training workout that we were doing when i first got here (check out ocotber 2005 blog for the workout) and wow--i am still sore after three days...i thought i was in shape...i guess yoga and pilates and body by jake do not hold much sway against circuit--i think it is the push ups that kill me most of all.

we went to bangalore which was sweet. got some good advice and i can see how God will use to draw kristin and I into better relationship and better community in the future. and can i say that is always better to argue and get things out in the open...kristin and i always have a great day right after working out our issues.

Some fun and Funny things
just so you know ---you should not touch "explosive things" this was posted in the kolkata metro. i just want to know how i will know unless i touch it.

seeing young indian men in really tight pants that have waists higher than their belly button with the shirt tucked in.

a sad thing
a beloved pastor here in kolkata passed away. i attended his church during my first couple years here and currently attend the bengali fellowship his church planted. this man was amazing and kolkata has been changed and made a much much better place because of his life and ministry.

what jesus is saying
have you heard that song by cold play called message....that song really spoke to me yesterday. it inspired some thoughts on what it means to be lost and found...and consider what areas in my life i am still lost. i am found person with lost parts of my heart...still need to reflect on this more but read luke 15 the whole chapter and let me know if you have a thought or 2.


I

1 comment:

ButterPeanut said...

I was running yesterday and "A Message" came on on my iPod, and I had to start running twice as fast because of the adrenaline that came when I realized that it sounds like a song about Jesus. Awesome song.

You have no idea who I am, but I love your blog and what you guys are doing in Sonnaggachi. Amazing!