Monday, February 02, 2009

when small beasts take the day

I could write about my struggle to get to work on time after staying up too late playing with the video on my computer (thanks princess leah! i love it!) or the mass chaos of the overcrowded metro on the way home (it was riotous but everyone was laughing so still almost fun), or how fun it was show pictures from my time in the states to the ladies, or how amazing the staff here are and how much they have grown as leaders in the last several months but no...

I am so grossed out by the rat that ate through the candy and coffee gifts I lugged across the world for my friends here in Kolkata that i can not really think about anything else. I mean he did not even want the coffee, he just had to put bite marks in it so i would not be able to give it to my friends or even feel willing to drink it myself. its just so wrong, such a waste! crazy that something so small, really can steal such large quantities of food with impunity. I mean in our experience a 2 pound rat can make off with 2 lbs of tomatoes, 20 tortillas, a couple of chicken breasts and a loaf of bread while you are still in the room. You never know what hit you. the small beast has definitely taken the day. he gets blog space today but tomorrow i may stop being a pacifist!

oh and just now, he is back...i just chased him out of my room! He is definitely at least three pounds maybe more! Seriously, now i am never going to sleep!!

2 comments:

amanda said...

my face is shrinking up as i read this. that's so gross.

and, after bringing back all that stuff to have it ruined...grrr.

amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.