Monday, May 08, 2006

A little fatter and a lot more humble

today is the day i leave my sweet beloved family in indiana to return to my friends in Kolkata. I am longing to see everyone in India but i am also wishing for just a few more days of rest. I am not sure why but i do not feel like a really ever relaxed...could be that for three days out of 8 "vacation days" i was panicked with the loss of my plane ticket--i found it but it was very stressful in the process. I could be because i saved all the stuff i have not had time to do in calcutta until i got home--like stuff for Sari Bari and a 2 month back on emails--sorry if you still have not heard from me. anyway, home was good--justing longing for a little more. I enjoyed the food and family time...i loved being with my niece and my sister. I love sharing a beer with my brother and sister and law. I love talking to my friends on the phone still feeling a deep meaningful connection even though we a seperated by so many miles...it was a good visit. and i feel like i have lots to look forward to when i come back again in december.

so here is the top eleven highlights for my time at home (non nessarily in order of importance)...

1. eating mexican food ( i ate a Cebolla's three times0
2. Hearing my niece say my name
3. spending time with my brother and sister in law
4. meeting Jan Meyers at the conference (She wrote Allure of Hope --read it!)
5. Brats, corn on the cob, zesto's, and lots of diet coke
6. being with my sister, having coffee with my dad and having lunch with my mom
7. being reminded that i am not in control of my life
8. I called India and one of the ladies at Sari Bari told me to hurry home
9. not eating one grain of rice
10. selling 10 blankets for sari bari at the conference
11.being alone in a beautiful place where Jesus could meet me and remind to let go

home in america is a good thing and home in kolkata is its perfect compliment. I am carrying back lots of goodies for my friend--a extra 50 pounds in fact--it should be a sweet homecoming.

friday will be my 33 birthday--my jesus year--if you do not know what that means--well i will tell you...basically it is the year that jesus died---i do not want to die but a little dying to self would'nt hurt and a whole lot more jesus would be great. Looking forward to an amazing year...if the last 8 months are any indication of the next year i think i am in for some GOOD stuff.

No comments: