Saturday, October 22, 2005

beyond mere existance...

Now for more than three days straight it has been raining. everything is damp and we can not do luadry because it may never dry. the rain in calcutta slows and dampens everything from the ability to travel to your clothes. this rain could steal my joy but the rain is only rain and today i feel so grateful for my parents, my friends and family who have loved me well. because of that love i am be where i am now....if have been given dignity, love and value from my birth till now and there so many here who do not know life beyond mere existance.

My main thought today is that the greatest gift we can give each other and our to the children we love is diginity and value....modeled after christ...the ultimate giver of worth as we lives as sons and daughters of the king. We have the opportunity to instill a deep sense of value and self worth, critical thinking skills and an internal motivation (because God loves me, because someone loves me, because i love me) ...something that we do not see very much of in sonagacchi...the women exist only. they cook, they clean, the work but they do not see much joy, or feel free to make a choice or welcome a opportunity to move beyong where they are right now. An opportunity for a better life is a scary choice when no one has taught or instilled in you that you can make good choices, that you deserve good things and that you even if you fail you are loved. So love each other well my friends and you can change the world. pray that we can love the women and children of sonagacchi into a new life beyond mere existance.

1 comment:

lynn said...

I am touched to read your blog that I randomly found online today. I went to Delhi, India last December/January (2004/2005). I lived in an apartment that looks a lot like the one in the pic. I really enjoyed spending time with the Christians there and got to minister in a few schools etc. Blessings!